~Horse Farm / Ranch, Master Bath~
When first entering the room it looked like a fairly simple job, with all short pieces above a wainscot. No fancy trim or rounded corners etc. WELL…
Here is what I had to deal with:
1. Chicken wire on all walls of main area (hung the long ways around the room in three sections: top, center & bottom) had to be removed.
2. A kazillion nail-gun staples were used to hang the chicken wire. Pliers were a must.
3. Fabric in Toilet area was glued on with 111.
4. There was a TV, a deep shelf, (the vintage tub) and large hanging Chandelier in the way of the walls around the tub….No access.
5. The “Twig” light fixtures could not be removed. There was only a few inches between them and the wall.
6. The two 45″ X 22″ farmhouse sinks did not allow me to get to the walls over them.
7. There was a space about 10″ wide in the far corner of the room next to one of the sinks…I could not get my ladder in there.
8. All the main area walls were painted (roughly) with lime green enamel paint 🙂
9. The cabinets were FULL of toiletries which they were to remove and place in 14 X 14 ‘room’ called the closet.
10. On the last day they cleared it out and placed everything in both sinks and the tub. *I had to then use a couple of buckets (& the toilet tank) for rinse water.
I hung a Ralph Lauren Wallcovering in both areas and the cabinets. Blankstock was also hung.
My client was so nice. It was a peaceful place to work with gorgeous views. I had easy access and no one was there.
However, when I was done, the PAINTERS came in and started to get the room ready to repaint all the cabinets, trim and everything in there – around where I had just papered.
They told me they were going to spray some of it and hand paint some…
I hope they are very careful.
I will try and get some final pictures of this room when it is all put back together and with the new beige paint!
~ I’ll see you all later with my next ‘Sticky Situation” ~
Wallcovering Installation By Michelle
I am a proud member of the Wallcovering Installers Association
What a difference Wallcovering makes!
Just make sure you hire a professional to do yours. It will save you a lot of headaches…and money!